The 2013 Nightingale Awards is no longer accepting entries.
Winners were announced November 18. View the winning products here.
Contract magazine's Nightingale Awards showcase the best in excellence and innovation in healthcare product design. The annual program, sponsored by Contract magazine, The Center for Health Design, and Healthcare Design 2013, aims to promote and recognize product design that contributes to the quality of healthcare.
Submitted products must be new healthcare and contract (non-residential) products introduced to the U.S. market since November 2012 and must not have been entered in previous Nightingale Awards competitions. This competition is open only to companies exhibiting during the HEALTHCARE DESIGN Conference 2013, November 16–19, 2013, at The Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Orlando, Florida. Prototypes are not eligible. Each manufacturer is limited to a total of four entries.
Product categories are:
- Architectural Products: Clinical (i.e.: headwalls)
- Architectural Products: Non-Clinical (i.e.: drains; hardware)
- Carpet (a collection is a single entry)
- Fabrics & Textiles (a collection is a single entry)
- Flooring: Hard-Surface & Resilient
- Furniture Collections (Non-Seating)
- Seating: Guest/Lounge
- Seating: Patient
- Signage & Wayfinding
- Surfacing Materials
- Technology Support
- Walls: Movable
- Window Shading & Treatments
The completed entry form and images must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The competition fee is $425.00 per entry.
For questions, contact Eileen McMorrow at email@example.com, or call (973) 509-7277
PAST AWARDS WINNERS
2012 Nightingale Award winners (view products here):
• Futrus Solutions with Dupont Corian for Futrus Casework System
• Amri Studio for Fine Art Crystal Plaque and Mural Signage
• Tandus Flooring for Novo Collection
• Patcraft for Cultural Layers Collection
• Pallas Textiles for the Freehand Collection
• cf stinson for the Big Sur Collection—Sunbrella Contract with Defiance
• nora systems for noraplan sentica
• Armstrong World Industries for Striations Biobased Tile
• Nurture by Steelcase for Regard
• Nemschoff for Valor
• Humanscale Healthcare for ViewPoint V6 Technology Wall Station
• Vistamatic for Vista—Slide
• MechoSystems for EasyLift
2011 Nightingale Award winners (view products here):
• SleepToo by Wieland
• CuSalus Antimicrobial Copper Hardward by Colonial Bronze/CuVerro Olin Brass for
• Silca by Momentum Textiles
• Empath Recliner by Nurture by Steelcase
• The Esprit Collection Privacy Curtains for Healthcare by cf stinson
2010 Nightingale Award winners (view products here):
• Pocket™ by Nurture by Steelcase
• Dignity Collection by Spec Furniture
• Essentials Collection by Carnegie
• Suzanne Tick Marker Glass by Skyline Design
• Mondo IDEA by Mondo
• Honorable Mention*: Illuminated Safety Handle by ITC, Inc.